Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fun on the Web Oct 11 2012 Travel Sites

I don't know about anyone else but I am NOT ready for fall. I know we need it but cold and rainy is just not working for me. It makes me want to stay home inside or travel to someplace warm. Neither of these options go with my current lifestyle.

Apparently the Frugal Traveler has the same thoughts since he just published the 10 Travel Sites Worth Bookmarking. Although most of these are for help with European travel there is at least one for the domestic traveler looking for a meal. Don't we all want to know where we can get a decent meal in a strange town?
http://frugaltraveler.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/10-travel-web-sites-worth-bookmarking/

For those who don't know me well, I have traveled all over the country and to both Canada and Mexico. My sage advice for finding a good meal is ask the locals. Ask before you go for recommendations on where you can get a great meal and ask when you get there in the restaurant. I usually say to my server "what is your best dish or what do you personally like the most here?"

It has brought me many memorable meals. Often. I do take the servers suggestion and then tell them how much I liked whatever it was. The server is more likely to give you better service after taking their suggestion.  They will often recognize you if you return in a day or two and suggest another dish you may enjoy.

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to an older link or a funny,
I have added the back issues to archives here:

http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.

This policy is subject to change at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment