Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fun on the Web Nov 11 2014 Knife Skills

So after the election I grew silent but I was actually busy including attending a class at our local technical college on Knife Skills. My reasons were twofold: a friend wanted to go and my arthritis is gearing up as it does this time of year. I had hoped learning some tricks might save me some pain down the road.

Some of what they taught, I knew. After all, I have been cooking for 50 years. (One of my Grandmothers was legally blind so) I was her hands and eyes in the kitchen when I visited almost every weekend. There were plenty of new tricks and I got a great idea for Christmas (which I will share in January since the family reads my blog.)

Did you know that you should steel your knife every time you use it? Do you believe that the chef had the whole range of knives to use and basically used a chef's knife for almost everything except a few fine cuts he did with a paring knife? It was very interesting! I hope a learned a few lessons like never using my finger on top of the knife blade and how to cut the ends off a kiwi and then take a teaspoon and slowly separate the skin from the flesh, first from one side and then the other.

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to an older link or a funny,
I have added the back issues to archives here:

http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.

This policy is subject to change at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment