Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fun on the Web May 25 2014 Happy 3 Day Weekend

The grand kids are here this weekend so I have to make a big breakfast soon. We like bacon best and then I will serve an omelet and rye toast with it because the younger one will be gone. He and the parents are playing in a tournament today. We are all gaming people, board games, card games, video games, and they also play games with figures.

My son runs a game store. As a matter of fact, The Game Store is what it is called. Check it out:
http://www.thegamestore.org/ The site was down when I checked but I'm sure it will be back soon.

My love affair with games goes back to childhood, where my fondest memories are not of playing Monopoly or Life with other kids, but being allowed to play Rummy Royal with the "grown-ups". My Grandma and Grandpa had a club that went to each others homes on Saturday Nights, drank Manhattans, ate fancy snacks or a late supper, and played Rummy Royal with Poker Chips. I don't remember ever seeing any money change hands but it was special.

Nowadays, I have some friends who play but most of them smoke so I don't join them often. We usually have a potluck dinner first and play for pennies. It's hard to lose too much but once in a while you might lose $6. So it's not high stakes Poker but it's fun. I do have to come home and wash my hair before I go to bed but that's not the worst thing to ever happen.

Do you have a game that holds special memories for you?

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to an older link or a funny,
I have added the back issues to archives here:

http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.

This policy is subject to change at anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment